The Legal Design Book
DOING LAW IN THE 21ST CENTURY
The Legal Design Book is the go-to guide for practitioners seeking to understand the topic and apply legal design in their daily work. We cover what legal design is, why it’s important and how you can apply it in practice. We also deep dive into design as a profession and how design mindsets, ideas and ways of working can be transferred to the field of law. Our book includes a suite of real use cases from a selection of clients and collaborators including AIRBUS, CLIFFORD CHANCE, Haptica, Visual Contracts, Queen Mary University and more. Discover legal design today with The Legal Design Book.
“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”Ray JacksonStructural Engineer
“Science is fun. Science is curiosity. We all have natural curiosity. Science is a process of investigating. It's posing questions and coming up with a method. It's delving in.”Sam MurrayLead Architect
“I feel confident imposing change on myself. It's a lot more fun progressing than looking back. That's why I need to throw curve balls.”Jake SmithSalient Corp
“Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.”Alice JohnsonWriter at ThemeNectar
The Framework of Legal Design and how to apply it step by step.
The Legal Design Book does not stop at What, Why and How. It also covers the topics of impact and measuring the business value and ROI of legal design. In addition, the book unpacks the role of legal designers in the future and their role in elevating legal experiences and innovation in law firms and inhouse legal departments.
The table of contents:
- I The Legal Design Philosophies
- II What is Legal Design?
- III Why Legal Design?
- IV The Legal Design Process
- V Field Work – Exploring Use Cases from different contributors
- VI The Role of Legal Designers
- VII Legal User Experiences
- VIII The Value of Legal Design
A Fun & Inviting Layout
At the heart of legal design is the goal to create engaging, easy to understand and user-friendly legal information while simultaneously elevating the legal client experience. As such our book embodies these values and includes fun visualizations designed by Tobias Heumann. It is not your standard legal book.
Our goal is to make the content easy to access and underline our mission as legal designers: to use design to make the law transparent, user friendly and easy to understand.
Who should read this book?
The Legal Design Book should be read by those who are curious, intrigued and interested to do things better. Legal design is not dependent on any jurisdiction. The following readers may particularly enjoy this book:
- Any lawyer, from any practice area with an interest in client-centric service transformation (i.e obtaining more clients).
- Any lawyer, from any practice area looking to distinguish themselves from the competition with additional knowledge
- All Legal Innovation, Legal Ops and Legal Tech Managers
- All Partners at law firms – particularly those interested in client development, business development and establishing competitive advantage. It will appeal instinctively to partners who are future focused.
- In-house counsel tasked with increasing efficiency, reducing costs and delivering client-centric solutions.
- All legal partners at professional service provider firms (e.g KPMG, EY, Deloitte)
- Law Schools
- Law students and Professors from Universities
Stay in the loop!
Get updated on new great examples of legal design, our book and our program.